MissionTo provide a diverse body of students with a broad backgrounds in computer programming, combining technical and professional classes to prepare students for a specialized career in the computing science discipline, with ethical principles.
ObjectivesThe program will enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- B.C.S. students must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 credits: General Education (36 credits), major requirements (36 credits), Bible requirements (30 credits), and electives (18 credits).
- cumulative grade point average of C (2.0) must be maintained.
- Students must satisfactorily pass the graduation exams: Essay test.
- Students fulfill the community service in order to learn ministry formation.
LIL 101 Library Information Literacy 0 credits
General Education 36 creditsSee the general education section for details.
- MAT 201 Calculus I ( Prerequisite for BCS 200 ~)
Biblical Studies 30 credits
- BNT 101 New Testament Survey
- BNT 211 Life of Jesus
- BOT 101 Old Testament Survey
- BOT 314 Psalms
- BIB 351 Great Figures of the Bible
- BAC 301 Christian Arts & Culture
- FDS 101 Introduction to Christian Faith
- ETH 301 Ethics
- FDS 102 World View
- BIB 301 Creation and Evolution
Major Requirements 36 credits
- BCS101 Preview of Computer Science
- BCS102 Fundamentals of Programming
- BCS103 Database Concepts and Applications
- BCS201 Discrete Mathematics and Logic
- BCS202 Data Structure and Algorithms
- BCS203 Foundations of Software Engineering
- BCS301 Computer Architecture
- BCS302 Web Application Development
- BCS303 Data Communications and Networking
- BCS310 Operating System Design
- CS311 Software Development
- BCS490 Capstone and Practicum
Free Electives 18 credits
- BCS 320 Mathematical Probability
- BCS 321 Numerical Methods
- BCS 330 Parallel Computer Architecture and Programming
- BCS 340 Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems
- BCS 350 Mobile Application Development
- BCS 400 Artificial Intelligence: Representing and Problem Solving
- BCS 410 Mid Level of Programming
- BCS 420 Cyber Securities
- BCS 430 Computer Graphics
- BCS 440 Electronic Commerce Technologies
- BCS 450 Dependable Computing Systems
Total 120 Credit Hours