Adjunct InstructorThe Washington University of Virginia (WUV) is looking for part-time adjunct faculty members who will teach in the field of Business Administrations and/or Management Information Technology at the School of Business. The purpose of this announcement is to establish a pool of applicants for possible future course openings in the management & information technology areas from Fall 2019 Semester.
– Doctor of Business Administration or Doctor of Management (from the schools accredited by AACSB, ACBSP, or IACBE)
– Master Degree with Business Administration, Accounting, or Management (from the schools accredited by AACSB, ACBSP, or IACBE) with more than 5 years of business field experience.
– Residents of Washington Metro Area
The WUV is a Christian university, located in Annandale, Virginia. The WUV offers Bachelor and Master degrees in Theology, Christian Education, Counseling, Business, Computer Science, and Art and Science. The WUV offers various courses and assistance for the students in the multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment. We expect to have Christian faculty members who will teach the college and graduate students with effective teaching skills and serving attitude. The salary will be commensurate with a degree. For school information, please visit http://www.wuv.edu
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: Business Management 5 years (Required)
Education: Master’s (Required)
Adjunct Faculty Position in the Computer Science:
The adjunct faculty member in the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science is expected to teach one or more courses in the following subjects:
- Object Oriented Programming with Java, C++, and/or Python
- Programming for Windows Operating System
- Web Application Development
- Software Development
The adjunct faculty member in the Management Information Technology is expected to teach one or more courses in the following subjects:
- Introduction to Data Science
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Applied Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
The following qualifications should be met to be considered as applicants.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- Teaching skill at the college level in the field of Computer Science or Management Information Technology, or Professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications. The qualified applicants will be invited to an interview. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent of specific knowledge of and experience teaching and/or working in the field of Management Information Technology.
- Extent and relevance of educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Ability to teach day, evening, or weekend classes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
The applicant needs to submit the following items. If it takes time to prepare the complete list items, partial submission would be accepted. The prepared application package should be sent by email to HR Department. The suspense date for application is 7/31/2019.
- Resume that lists educational background, qualifications, experience, and references.
- Unofficial transcripts from the accredited institution. Official transcripts of academic work are required upon an offer of employment.
- (Optional) Supporting documents of experience and performance required.
- Copy of U.S. citizenship or documentation that authorizes to work as an alien.