The Master of Religious Education program is for training and fostering experts in Christian education to realize and contribute to Education Dei (the education of God).
MissionTo produce competent Christian educators who can nurture and develop highly effective Christian workers, such as professional church administrator, creative education programmer, and effective preacher, for local churches by providing quality education and training.
ObjectivesThe M.R.E. program will enable the students:
- To help students to be deeply rooted in and understand their religious heritage so that they may have firm foundation as Christian educators. (Religious Heritage).
- To nurture the MRE students to achieve spiritual maturity and personal formation as Christian educators to serve educational ministries in churches. (Spiritual Formation).
- To train students to have keen insight into and well-versed in the cultural and global contexts in which they have to serve as Christian educators. (Cultural Contexts).
- To give power to the students to develop competence to be leaders of ecclesial or public domain they are placed to serve.(Leadership).
- M.R.E. students must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 64credits: Biblical Studies requirements (6 credits), Historical and Theological Studies requirements (6 credits), Ministerial requirements (6credits), M.R.E. major requirements (33 credits), Religious Education Practicum (1 credit), and electives (12 credits).
- A cumulative grade point average of B- (2.5) must be maintained.
- Students must satisfactorily pass graduation exams: Bible test and essay test, and Director of Christian Education(D.C.E) Certificate exam.
- LIL500 Library Information Literacy (0)
- BNT501 Introduction to the New Testament I
- BNT502 Introduction to the New Testament II
- BOT501 Introduction to the Old Testament I
- BOT502 Introduction to the Old Testament II
- HIS501 Church History I
- HIS502 Church History II
- HIS743 Baptist History and Heritage
- THL501 Systematic Theology I
- THL502 Systematic Theology II
- PMN601 PreachingI
Electives(3; Choose 1)
- CHM501 Formation for Christian Ministry
- CHM711 Church Leadership
- CHM712 Church Administration
- CHM721 Worship
- CHM733 Church Design and Planting
- EDU502 Community Approach to Christian Education
- MSS601 Evangelism and Practicum
- PMN602 Preaching II
- PMN711 Pastoral Care
Religious Education Studies (33)Free Electives (12)Total 64 Credit
- EDU501 Introduction to Christian Education
- EDU551 Philosophy of Christian Education
- EDU701 Education and Theology
- EDU703 Curriculum of Christian Education
Electives (21; Choose 7)Religious Education Practicum (1)
- EDU511 Educational Ministry of Church School
- EDU512 Multi-Cultural Christian Education
- EDU513 Communication and Christian Education
- EDU560 Human Development Theory and Faith Education
- EDU601 Preschool and Child Education
- EDU602 Youth Education
- EDU603 Adult Education
- EDU612 Educational Leadership and Administration
- EDU613 Christian Mentoring
- EDU614 Method of Media Application
- EDU615 Education of Parents
- EDU616 History of Christian Education
- EDU700 Christian Alternative School
- EDU706 Child Development and Parenthood
- EDU711 Contemporary Issues of Christian Education
- EDU751 Creative Bible Teaching Methods
- EDU753 Program Design in the Church Education
- EDU 781 Christian Education Practicum (0 credit)
- EDU780 Christian Education Practicum (1)
- Any M.Div., MCC, MRE, and MBA courses